In men, the causes of infertility can be very different, it is not only diseases, but also the wrong lifestyle, which causes such pathologies. In the second place in the frequency of diagnosis is asthenozoospermia, i.e. low sperm motility or lack of it.
To make such a diagnosis, it is necessary to undergo an examination. Spermogram is usually assigned, it allows the specialist to determine the number of sperm in the fluid, their mobility, quality. After the examination, a course of treatment is selected; one should adhere to a healthy lifestyle, give up tobacco and alcohol.
Sperm motility classes
During the examination, the specialist determines the class of sperm motility, on the basis of which general treatment is prescribed. Mobility classes of sperm:
- Class A is sperm with progressive motility.
- Class B – the mobility of cells is slowly progressive.
- Class C – the movement of sperm is abnormal and abnormal.
- Class D – immobile sperm.
Factors affecting sperm motility
Before proceeding to treatment, it is necessary to determine why the cells become immobile, which affects them in such a negative way. Among the factors should be noted:
- High temperatures that affect the scrotum area. Under such conditions, mobility is significantly reduced, this situation is usually observed during varicocele disease, i.e., when expanding the spermatic cord vein or when wearing tight linen.
- In some cases, mobility is adversely affected by diseases such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, smallpox, syphilis, typhoid fever, influenza, tuberculosis, and mumps. All this causes inflammation of the testicles, prostatitis and other diseases, which are the causes of male infertility.
- Malnutrition, which adversely affects male fertility. The lack of many vitamins, zinc, trace elements leads to the fact that the body begins to lack of protein. As a result, sperm motility becomes extremely low.
- Smoking and alcohol abuse hurt the entire body. But they also become causes of a decrease in sexual desire; ejaculation becomes more and more pushed; the quality of sperm decreases. Spermatozoa lose mobility; the probability of conception is reduced.
- Prolonged abstinence or too normal sex life also leads to a deterioration in sperm motility characteristics. In the second case, the probability of infection with infectious diseases, including venereal diseases, increases.
During the examination, the doctor must not only determine the class of sperm motility but also learn the factor that hurt the cells. Various reasons can cause immobility. Before you assign a treatment, all these reasons need to be addressed.
Most often, immobility is caused by poor nutrition, alcohol enthusiasm, constant stress, smoking, lack of active sports.
But it happens that the quality of sperm is negatively affected by various medications.
Immobility or immobility of sperm is possible with frequent ejaculation. The more frequent sexual intercourse, the lower the quality of sperm. Long-term abstinence also impairs the quality of sperm, which begins to age; they are of little use for conception; their mobility is greatly reduced. It takes about 2-3 days for the sperm to recover fully.
Sexual acts, if necessary, conception should occur with such frequency. Of course, these are only recommendations, but if there are difficulties with fertilization, then you need to follow them. On the day a man is recommended to drink up to 2 liters of liquid. It can be water, natural juices, mineral non-carbonated water, low-fat meat and vegetable broths.
Degree of disease
There are 3 degrees of immobility of sperm, which is necessarily taken into account during the appointment of treatment:
- The first degree means that after ejaculation after 1 hour, motility retains approximately 50% of spermatozoa. The disease itself is called mild; the possibility of conception is quite high.
- The second degree, which is also called the moderate form, occurs when, after ejaculation after 1 hour, immobility is observed in approximately 50-70% of spermatozoa.
- The severe form, or third degree, is diagnosed when, 1 hour after ejaculation, more than 70% of spermatozoa are immobile. This is the most extreme degree; the treatment is much more difficult; it is necessary to determine the cause of such pathology.
Treatment of asthenozoospermia
Sometimes the treatment is aimed simply at correcting the conception itself. The treatment process largely depends on what exactly caused the pathology. Sometimes it is enough to change your lifestyle for the better, start eating right, quit all bad habits, go in for sports.
Men are recommended to take vitamin C, supplements with natural ginseng, zinc, lycopene. But there are times when surgery is required. It usually happens with a problem like varicocele.
At the same time from the reception of hot baths, saunas or baths are required to refuse completely. It is possible to reduce the temperature in the testicles by replacing tight underwear with more freedom.
Swimming trunks, tight jeans, and stuff are no longer suitable. For the period of treatment and recovery, it is required to change the form of clothes, at home try to wear spacious and full underwear that will not restrain movement.
Costly methods treat sperm immobility, but it is prescribed only when all other ways have not helped. Treatment is reduced to correcting the process of conception, and as for the male physiology, then no particular action is required.
Among the methods that are recommended, it is necessary to note the so-called intrauterine fertilization, when spermatozoa are injected into the uterine cavity with a particular device, bypassing the cervix.
This dramatically reduces their path to the fallopian tube, makes the possibility of conception more effective. The IVF method, or artificial insemination, is also used.
First, the egg is extracted; it is fertilized in a test tube. Next, the fertilized egg is placed in the uterus. The probability of fertilization is much higher; the mobility of the cells is of great importance.
Prevention of asthenozoospermia
Poor sperm motility can be prevented. Experts recommend to avoid stress and strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Do not forget about the proper rest. It is essential to strengthen the body, to provide conditions for fruitful conception. Asthenozoospermia is treatable, with no complicated and lengthy courses required.
To eliminate the poor motility of sperm, it is necessary to follow all the recommendations of the supervising doctor. And this concerns, first of all, a complete change of lifestyle.
It is necessary to pay more attention to nutrition, to make a balanced diet, to abandon harmful foods, alcoholic beverages, too fatty and heavy foods. Smoking is also one of the negative factors. More time should be given to physical exercise, walking in the fresh air, rest. It is recommended to be calmer, try to avoid stress.
Such a lifestyle should be maintained not for a week or a month, but at least six months or a year. Only in this case can we assume that the poor motility of the sperm will be cured, and the conception will be successful. It is necessary to undergo regular examinations, make spermogram to confirm that immobility or low mobility is wholly overcome.