What is visual impairment?
Eye functions include shape, color vision, and light perception. Vision is a function that more accurately represents the sense of form, and can be divided into a central vision and peripheral vision.
Central vision is obtained through the macular center, and peripheral vision refers to the function of the retina beyond the macula. Therefore, vision is one of the concrete manifestations of visual function. Impairment of vision, albeit slight, also impaired visual acuity.
Causes of visual impairment
1. Inflammation is the most common cause of visual impairment.
(1) Infectivity: Keratitis caused by bacteria, viruses, chlamydia, fungi, parasites, corneal ulcer, iridocyclitis, choroiditis, endophthalmitis, total ocular inflammation, orbital cellulitis, and the like.
(2) Non-infectious: vesicular keratitis, keratitis, uveitis (including iridocyclitis, choroiditis), sympathetic ophthalmia, Harada disease, Behcet’s disease, and the like.
2. Refractive errors Myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia.
3. Strabismus, amblyopia.
4. Eye perforation injury, blunt trauma, explosion injury. Chemical burns, radiation injuries, etc.
6. Various sequelae caused by eye diseases Corneal scars, pupillary membrane closure, pupillary atresia, vitreous opacity.
7. Systemic circulatory disorders and metabolic disorders and genetic disease caused by various eye diseases hypertensive retinopathy, diabetic retinopathy, nephritis retinopathy, pregnancy-induced hypertension retinopathy, hematological retinopathy, ischemic optic neuropathy, Leber’s disease and other fundus lesions, and diabetic cataract.
8. Retinal vascular disease and retinal detachment Retinal artery occlusion, retinal vein occlusion, cardiac serous chorioretinopathy, retinal vasculitis, and retinal detachment.
9. Senile and degenerative diseases Senile cataract, corneal degeneration, age-related macular degeneration.
10. Tumors Intraocular tumors, eyelid tumors, or orbital tumors that invade the eyeballs.
11. Other visual pathological changes, fraud.
How to distinguish visual impairment
1. Myopia Near vision loss is normal near vision. A moderate degree of axial myopia can appear vitreous liquefaction, turbidity subjective feeling of black shadow flutter. The fundus was leopard-like.
If there is a curved spot on the side of the papilla, if the sclera of the posterior plate expands backward, it will cause Bruch membrane degeneration, resulting in paint-like cracks that cause macular subretinal backward and macular hemorrhage.
It can also cause choroidal atrophy or posterior scleral staphyloma. At this time, near vision is also affected, said pathological myopia by observing the fundus signs and the observation mirror used to identify. Through the retinoscopy audition diagnosis.
2. Hyperopia Mild hyperopia can be adjusted to compensate for the young people with mild hyperopia, far and near vision can be maintained only the high degree of hyperopia will show vision loss, and near vision is far lower than far vision loss.
Patients often have symptoms such as eye swelling headaches due to fatigue adjustment. Fundus examination and retinoscopy can confirm the diagnosis.
3. Astigmatism Near and far vision are not clear; there seems to be ghosting, eye pain, headache, and even nausea and vomiting and other eye fatigue symptoms.
The fundus examination sometimes shows that the optic disc has a vertical, elliptical edge, and the fundus cannot be seen with the ophthalmoscope. Can be confirmed by retinoscopy optometry
4. Presbyopia is more than 40 years old. Near vision is normal and near vision is reduced. The older the age, the more the near vision is reduced. Especially when working at close range, the vision is unclear.
To see clearly, the subject is moved away, and the head is thrown back unconsciously. Or even appear to adjust fatigue, such as eye swelling headaches and eyelid pain. Can be worn to correct the lens.
Prevent and treat visual impairment
Ironing method. Get up at dawn, first rub your hands with each other, hold your hands and apply heat to your eyes. After repeated three times, gently press the eye with the middle finger or the middle finger, or press around the eyes.
Transportation method. Feet separated and shoulder width, standing upright, head Yang. Open your eyes and try to keep your eyeballs turning (head motionless).
Turn first 10 times from right to left and 10 times from left to right. Then stop, relax muscles, repeat the above exercise, and so on 3 times. This method works best in the garden in the morning, and it can have the effect of refreshing eyesight and eyesight.
Bowing method. Take a squat posture and use your hands to climb the two legs and five toes separately. Pull up with a little force. Lower your head as much as possible when using force. This will help the refined essence of the internal organs rise to the head. To play a role in nutrition and ears.
Exhalation method. Sit upright on the back of the abdomen and inhale through the nose. When the water reaches the maximum, squeeze the nostrils with your right hand, close your eyes, and then use your mouth to exhale slowly.
Discount fingering. Every day, we insist on doing morning and evening one-time small bends and then move back to flexion and extension. 30 to 50 times per pass and the base of the outside of the little finger is kneaded 50 to 100 times with the thumb and index finger.
This method can be used to sit, stand and lie, and insists on doing it regularly. It can raise not only brain and eyesight but also has a specific effect on cataracts and other eye diseases.
Visual impairment mitigation
1. Far-sighted gaze: Find a grass or green tree 10 meters away: Green Because of the short wavelength, imaging in front of the retina, promote eye relaxation, eye ciliary muscle relaxation, reduce eye fatigue. Don’t blink your eyes, and don’t always blink your eyes, eliminate distractions, concentrate, and concentrate on gaze for 25 seconds to identify the contours of grass or leaves.
Then, with the left palm slightly higher than 30 cm in front of the eyes, one can see the palm lines from beginning to end, about 5 seconds.
After reading the palm prints, gaze at the distant grass or leaves for 25 seconds, then look at the palm prints again. Repeat 20 times in 10 minutes, three times a day, and increase the number of training if you have severe vision loss.
2. crystal gymnastics
● Blink of an eye: two-handed squat, so that the eyeball by order of the top, bottom, left, right turn 10 times, then counterclockwise, clockwise rotation ten times.
● Find a scene 3 meters away while holding your left hand slightly straighter (about 30 centimeters) from your eyes. After seeing the palm of your hand, look at the distant objects and move as quickly as possible between the two. Round trip 20 times.
1. Knead the Tianyue points: gently rubbing the Tianying points with the thumb of both hands (under the brow and the upper corner of the eyelids).
2. Squeeze Jingming points: Gently rub with the thumb of one hand on the eyes (nose root close to the internal malleolus) and press down first, and then squeeze it up.
3. Rub four white spots: rub with the index finger Press the white cheek in the central part of the cheek (the lower edge of the eyelid is the middle straight and the next horizontal).
A visually impaired diet
1. Reasonable, balanced diet, persuade children to develop good eating habits, not picky eaters.
2. Pay attention to guide children to eat more coarse grains (such as cornmeal, millet, etc.) to increase the necessary vitamin supply.
3. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, increase protein intake, limit the intake of polysaccharides, to promote the development of the retina and optic nerve.
4. Do not let children eat overcooked protein foods.
5. According to the child’s nutritional status, if necessary, add some vitamins (such as vitamin B1, vitamin B12, vitamin C, cod liver oil, etc.) and minerals (such as zinc, iron, calcium, etc.).
6. Parents need to know that the unique needs of the eye nutrition are divided into four categories: vitamin A and carotene, vitamin B family, calcium and zinc and other minerals, vitamin C, vitamin E and carotenoids and other antioxidant substances, let children daily Can take these nutrients.
7. make the children eat more nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, melon seeds, pine nuts, hazelnuts.
8. can also drink tea to improve vision, such as green tea, wolfberry tea, chrysanthemum tea, cassia seed tea.