Periodontal treatment is the most basic treatment that every periodontal disease patient must accept. Periodontal necessary treatment can successfully treat most periodontal diseases and is an essential preparation stage for periodontal and other oral treatments. This stage of treatment is also known as the elimination of etiological treatment.
Its main contents include:
1. Methods for guiding patients to self-control plaques, oral cleaning tools such as toothbrushes, dental floss, and interdental brushes.
2. Removal of unreserved value The teeth.
3. Implementation of scaling, curettage to eliminate plaque, tartar
4. To eradicate plaque retention factors, such as filling cavities, correction of bad restorations, etc.
5. In the inflammation control after the necessary occlusion adjustment, if essential Temporary loose teeth can be fixed; 6 can be supplemented with medication if needed.
Periodontal disease is a disease that occurs in the periodontium. The periodontal tissue is the tissue around the teeth and includes alveolar bone, gums, periodontal ligament, and cementum. Periodontal disease is the most common dental disease.
According to the third oral epidemiological survey in the USA, 70% of people over the age of 35 are suffering from periodontal disease, and have now begun to show a trend of the younger generation. Everyone must pay attention to it. This is the primary oral disease that endangers the human teeth and the whole body.
The early symptoms of periodontal disease are not easily noticed, resulting in long-term chronic infection of the periodontal tissue. Recurrence of inflammation not only impairs the function of the oral chewing system but also severely affects health.
How do you treat periodontal disease?
This question looks very simple, but you still need to learn to master. The easiest way is to spend money to see a doctor. The doctor will give you good advice and help you to solve periodontal disease.
There are not a few people who have periodontal disease around me, especially some seniors. The therapeutic goal of periodontal disease is to remove dental calculus, reduce the depth of the periodontal pocket, reduce the number of bacteria and motility, rebuild the occlusion relationship and improve oral hygiene quality.
For the treatment of periodontal disease, the first step the dentist can make is to clean the calculus. In severe cases, the stones under the gums should be scraped away. In more serious cases, the valve should be opened and the bones sharpened, or artificial bone powder should be added.
Sometimes the dentist treats the periodontal laser. The laser is like setting a fire, it is the use of high temperature to instantly kill the bacteria, and provide bio-stimulation to accelerate wound healing, but doing the usual cleaning work is the most basic.
In fact, the occurrence of periodontal disease is the result of hypoxia. In addition, malocclusion is also a cause of deterioration of periodontal disease, which is why not all teeth are loose together, but a few teeth are loose.
Periodontal disease should be diagnosed early and treated early.
Periodontal treatment is mainly based on basic periodontal therapy, supplemented by drug therapy and surgical treatment.
Most patients are appropriately treated, and their condition is well controlled.
2. In the hospital, a thorough cleansing of the sputum, removing the sputum, and smoothing the root surface remove pathogenic factors such as plaque and calculus.
3. Adjust the bite and loosen the fixed teeth to reduce the burden of biting teeth.
4. Apply antibiotics to the whole body and oral area to control inflammation.
5. To remove the teeth with poor prognosis and unfavourable to the future restoration of the denture;
6. Periodontal treatment and pulpal lesions of affected teeth, treatment of dental caries, removal of defective restorations and release of food impaction and other pathogenic factors.
After 6 to 8 weeks of basic treatment, if there are more than 5mm periodontal pockets, bleeding for probing, or alveolar bone malformation, a series of periodontal procedures are required.
This can further remove the infectious material in the periodontal pocket and restore the typical shape of the alveolar bone and gums. Of course, the doctor will do different operations according to the disease, such as periodontal flap surgery, guided bone regeneration, diaphragm surgery and so on.
Maintain efficacy and regular review
When the periodontal treatment is completed, it cannot relax. We need to review once every three months to six months to check the condition of plaque control and periodontal conditions. If problems are found, they can be dealt with promptly.
The effectiveness of periodontal treatment depends on the correct treatment plan and the doctor’s exquisite and meticulous therapy on the one hand, and on the other hand, requires our careful cooperation and perseverance in self-control! Both are indispensable, or any treatment will not last long!
Periodontal treatment is a prolonged battle! Every step we must take care of! Don’t wait for the teeth to come off before considering protecting your teeth! By the way, periodontal treatment involves scaling, but many people questioned how to wash their teeth and thought it was unsafe to clean their teeth.
How do you choose a toothbrush for severe periodontal disease?
1. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush, a soft-bristled toothbrush can enter the gingival margin and adjacent to the gap to remove plaque; Although the bristles brush tooth cleaning effect is better, but the increase in wear and tear, will cause damage to the teeth;
2. The brush head should be slightly smaller to ensure that it can rotate flexibly in the oral cavity;
3. Select the bristles to be handled by the brushing, so that the sleek brush tip will not hurt the gums. Conditional electric toothbrushes or red teeth can be bought, especially red teeth for the cleaning of the teeth is better!
How to protect our oral health and prevent periodontal disease?
Daily brushing is the number one priority, and particular attention should be paid to the correct brushing method!
After brushing your teeth with periodontitis, don’t forget to clean your teeth with dental floss or a red teeth treatment.
At least one oral examination every six months.