What is sperm morphology?
A healthy sperm cell is characterized by a round, slightly flattened head, which tends forward. The acrosome (sperm organoid) occupies at least 50% of the total head area.
The neck has a small and regular shape, which connects with the head under the correct inclination. The size of the tail is at least 9/10 of the whole body, even, there are no bends, thickenings, and tubercles, while there is a narrowing towards the end of the calf. Normally, only one tail and one head are detected.
The morphology in semen has the following deviations:
- Missing tail; head;
- There is a weak connection between the head and tail;
- There are vacuoles in the cell nucleus;
- Small or overly large acrosome;
- Two or more heads in one spermatozoon;
- Cubic view of chromatin;
- Shortened or long tail, the presence of tubercles, bends;
- The location of the tail at an acute angle;
- Uneven thickness of the tail.
In a laboratory study, sperm motility is studied. Normally, active sperm must be at least 50%. If the content is lower, then they talk about such a pathological condition as asthenozoospermia. Be sure to determine the number of sperm in the semen of a man. Normally, 1 ml should be 18-20 million. When the number is less or more, they talk about pathology.
Spermatozoa with abnormalities are found in the seminal fluid of all representatives of the stronger sex, without exception. But when their content is excessively large, the chances of becoming pregnant naturally are low.
Ways to improve sperm morphology
To improve the quality of sperm is recommended to adhere to the following tips:
- Balanced diet. Abandon unhealthy food habits, alcoholic beverages, fatty, spicy, spicy and salty foods.
- For normal maturation of sperm requires an optimal temperature in the testicles, so the man must avoid overheating and hypothermia.
- You are wearing underwear made from natural materials that do not squeeze the genitals while wearing.
- If the profession is associated with a lack of movement – a sedentary lifestyle, you need to get up every hour to normalize the blood flow, to prevent congestion in the pelvis.
- Optimal physical activity – running, swimming, playing football, etc., if there are no medical contraindications. If available, consult a doctor.
- Timely treat any pathology, undergo prophylactic examination by doctors of different specializations. If anxious symptoms appear, immediately consult a doctor.
Important: the means of traditional medicine on the basis of sage, plantain, oregano, root of elecampane help to improve the morphological signs of sperm. With medicinal plants prepare decoctions and infusions, take courses.
To increase fertility, you can make a decoction with plantain. For its preparation, a tablespoon of seeds is poured with 250 ml of boiling water after insisting for two hours, filter.
Take a few tablespoons up to five times a day. The duration of the treatment course is 2-3 months. Sage is equally effective.
The tincture is prepared as follows: pour two teaspoons of 300 ml of hot water, leave for 12 hours. Filter out Drink a teaspoon three times a day. Reception is carried out 30 minutes before meals — duration of use – 2-4 months.
Vitamins and Diet
Also, not all men know how to improve the morphology with vitamins and diet. And to make it simple enough.
The first step is to eliminate from your diet all foods containing omega-fatty acids. Consuming more fruits and vegetables is necessary.
The following products also have a positive effect on sperm quality:
- Bakery products.
- Pumpkin seeds.
- Wheat Bran.
- Products containing ascorbic and folic acid.
To increase sperm, experts also recommend that you eat kiwi, carrots, oranges, and tomatoes.
Also, to have normal sperm morphology, doctors recommend systematically taking a vitamin complex, such as A, B, C, E, as well as zinc and folic acid.
How to improve the morphology of sperm with the help of traditional medicine. This question still worries even modern men. Each of them is not opposed to improving their health with all sorts of drugs and decoctions.
Such funds can be bought or made independently. To improve the quality of seminal fluid in the people recommend using a decoction of psyllium seed.
He prepares very simply. To do this, add a spoonful of crushed seed to a glass of water, bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes.
After the decoction has cooled, it is necessary to take two spoons at least 4 times a day for a month. If necessary, the course can be repeated.
No less miraculous way is the decoction of wild rose, which is recommended to drink 100 ml three times a day.
Another folk remedy is walnut tincture. For its preparation, you need 10 chopped nuts, which must be poured with cold boiled water, then honey is added to the tincture, and the resulting composition is eaten in two steps.
Immediately, before taking the sperm morphology analysis, to improve the result, it is recommended to eat pumpkin seeds with honey on an empty stomach.
Drugs to improve the sperm morphology are prescribed without fail. They can improve the structure of sperm, their mobility, the amount of seminal fluid and other indicators of laboratory research.
The choice of a particular medicine is the prerogative of the medical specialist. It is not recommended to take on their own since there is a high probability of the absence of the desired effect.
How to improve sperm morphology? The following preparations help restore the normal structure of sperm:
- SpermPlant The composition includes such components as L-carnitine and L-arginine, taurine. These substances are aimed at increasing the quantitative component of sperm. They help raise the functionality of the reproductive system due to the normalization of the rush of blood to the genitals. Studies of the drug were carried out; they found that the reception improves the quality and number of germ cells in men;
- Vitaprost – the drug is often included in the complex treatment of impaired fertility, since the active substances improve sperm morphology, increase sperm motility;
- Wobenzym Tablets are used in the presence of inflammatory processes localized in the urogenital system. In the composition, there are several substances of organic nature, which improve the quality characteristics of seminal fluid. The reception increases the immune status;
- Speroton Dosage form – powder. On its basis, make a solution for oral administration. The composition of the mineral components, folic acid, beta-carotene. The drug stimulates the formation of sperm, enhances their activity, increases the amount;
- Tribestan is a drug aimed at increasing sexual desire, improving erectile function, and increasing testosterone production. Also, the tool has a detrimental effect on pathogens, eliminates headaches, fights atherosclerotic plaques. Used in complex therapy;
- EcoStimulin is a hormonal medicine that promotes the development of germ cells in the testicle, which increases the concentration of testosterone, the number of spermatozoa.
Speman is a drug that helps to improve the metabolic processes in the glandular organ. Admission improves spermatogenesis, local blood circulation.
Against the background of the application, the motility of sperm increases significantly, the viscosity of the seminal fluid decreases. It also helps to reduce the hypertrophic prostate gland.
Vitamin complexes for sperm
How to improve sperm morphology? Treatment is always complex, includes not only drugs but also vitamin-mineral complexes.
For normal sperm morphology, a sufficient amount of selenium is needed. The element is characterized by an antioxidant effect, increases the activity of spermatozoa. Zinc – an important component for the full operation of the reproductive system.
For your information: as in the case of medicine, the vitamin complex should be prescribed by the attending physician. It is guaranteed you can consider drugs that contain zinc, selenium, magnesium, L-carnitine and L-arginine, ascorbic and folic acids, vitamins of group B, E, retinol.
The combination of vitamins and drugs with the right lifestyle – a balanced diet, sports, helps to improve the quality indicators of seminal fluid in a short time – in most patients, improvements are noted for 2-3 months of the treatment course.
Good vitamins to help improve sperm morphology in men:
- Selenium Forte with ascorbic acid. The composition includes the daily intake of vitamin C and selenium. Vitamin C increases the amount of sperm, improves its quality in terms of morphological features.
- Folic acid. This drug provides full maturation of sperm.
- Men’s Formula is a multivitamin complex for men that improves the quality of sperm. The composition of vitamins B, D, E, retinol, ascorbic acid, minerals – manganese, calcium, iodine, etc. Available in capsule form;
- Wellner. Dosage form – capsules. The daily rate of vitamins and minerals, extract of ginseng root, arginine. Take a course. Treatment lasts 1-4 months.
- The alphabet is a vitamin-mineral complex, which has a beneficial effect on program indicators. The most significant components are ginseng, taurine, polyphenols.
B vitamins accelerate the process of testosterone production, stimulate the activity of germ cells. Retinol takes part in the testicles, vitamin E normalizes hormonal balance, as a result of which the number of spermatozoa with impaired morphology decreases.
L-carnitine and L-arginine are often included in the dietary supplements and vitamin complexes prescribed for fertility disorders, because they improve the functionality of the prostate gland, have a beneficial effect on spermatogenesis.
The ability to conceive a child directly depends on the spermogram morphology. If for any reason the results are unsatisfactory, it is imperative to establish the etiology of the abnormality.
Based on the test results, appropriate treatment is prescribed, which gives the couple a chance to conceive children naturally.