- Lick your lips again and again
- Inappropriate care of the lips
- Breathe through the mouth
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (a chemical found in many kinds of toothpaste)
- Excessive consumption of vitamin A
- The acid present in citrus fruits
- The cold or dry heat
- The allergies
- Sun exposure
- Some cosmetic products
- Certain medications and conditions, such as thyroid conditions, psoriasis or diabetes
- Excessive smoking
- Climate change
Symptoms of Cracked and Dry Lips
Home remedies for dry and cracked lips
The following home remedies will help you heal chapped and dry lips with natural ingredients.
1. Sugar: It is a natural softener, which exfoliates dead cells from chapped lips and restores their softness. Mix a spoon of honey with the sugar and apply the paste to the lips.
Then, with your fingers, gently rub the mixture around your lips to loosen the dead cells.Let it sit for a few seconds and then wash with warm water.
2. Honey: Honey is in itself a great moisturizer to heal chapped and dry lips. And it has anti-bacterial properties.
Just apply pure honey on the lips, a few times a day. You can also mix honey with glycerin and apply the mixture on the lips.
3. Rose petals: Rose petals can also come to rescue lips that need care and protection.
To use the rose petals as a lip balm, wash a handful of leaves in water and soak them in milk or glycerin for a few hours.
Make a thick paste and apply it every night, before going to bed. This home remedy is the best remedy for dry lips, and also improves the gloss and texture of the lips.
You may also be interested in: How to Increase Lips to Make them Fleskier and Thicker in a Natural Way.
4. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help to heal chapped lips, mainly if cold or dry weather causes it.
Simply put pure coconut oil a few times a day on the lips to keep them moist. You can also use olive oil or mustard oil.
5. Castor oil: Apply castor oil, several times a day, is also a good treatment for those lips that are very dry and cracked.
You can also apply a mixture of some drops of lemon juice and glycerin before going to bed. Then remove the mixture with a cotton ball, soaked in warm water.
6. Milk Cream: The cream of milk is a great natural lip moisturizer, which can be used daily applied directly to the lips and washing it gently with warm water.
It is an excellent treatment for parched lips.
7. Aloe Vera: The healing properties of aloe vera are well known to all and of course, it also helps in the treatment of dry and cracked lips.
Aloe vera gel can be applied directly to the lips, and in addition to having a healing effect, it also relieves pain.
Of course, although it is a fantastic remedy, the taste of aloe vera is something unpleasant.
8. Cucumber: Another simple and natural solution for cracked lips is a cucumber. You can apply cucumber juice or a slice of cucumber on the lips to make them smooth and smooth.This is one of the best cures for dry lips.
9. Vaseline: It is the best and easiest way to treat dry lips. Apply Vaseline on the lips, several times a day, to provide adequate protection and nutrition.
Before applying Vaseline, you can also apply a thin layer of honey. Remove the product in the morning, after keeping it overnight, with the help of a cotton ball dipped in warm water.
10. Water: Hydrating your body is the best way to keep all skin problems at bay. Drinking lots of water help eliminate the toxins that accumulate in the skin.
It also helps your lips look more rejuvenated and flexible.
11. Glycerin: The application of pure glycerin helps in the care of the lips. You can also mix glycerin with honey or rose petals.
Summarizing! What you should and should not do to have perfect lips and forget dry and cracked lips:
- Apply a sunscreen (SPF 15) or a lip balm to avoid dry and scaly lips, before leaving home.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Eat a diet rich in vitamin A, including tomatoes, carrots, and green leafy vegetables.
- Apply the lip balm before going to sleep. If possible, use lotions that contain shea butter or cocoa butter.
- Never tear the dry and dead skin from your lips, instead rub them gently with a cotton ball dipped in warm water or with a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- You should never bite or lick the skin of the lips.