Baking soda uses are innumerable. Baking soda is not toxic and is extremely useful. Let me share with you the 14 unexpected applications of baking soda, you might want to try:
1) Add the baking soda in your bath to make your skin softer
Before taking a bath, add half a cup of baking soda to your bathtub. It will make your skin softer and smoother.
2) One of the very unexpected uses of baking soda is: use it as a deodorant. Put 3 tablespoons of baking soda in the bowl and add 3-5 drops of your favourite essential oil (my favourites are rose and lavender essential oils), mix everything and your deodorant is ready. Apply it with a puff or kabuki brush on your armpits; it will effectively neutralise the body odour.
3) You can use baking soda as a facial scrub. Just mix in your hand 1 tablespoon baking soda with 2-3 tablespoons of water and gently massage on your face for about 1 minute in circular motions, then – rinse. This gentle scrub will make your skin very soft and smooth. I love to use once or twice a week.
4) body of baking soda scrub: Spoons mix 3 of baking soda table with 1 tablespoon of crushed oatmeal and add 3 tablespoons of water. You will get a fantastic moisturising and refreshing body scrub. Rub this paste into your body in circular motions and then wash with warm water.
This baking soda scrub will help remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin, making your baby’s body soft and very smooth. You can also use this facial scrub, but remember – always be gentle with your face, do not rub too hard!
5) B Taking shampoo soda. Mix the baking soda with your favourite shampoo to get a fantastic cleansing shampoo that will cleanse your hair from the residue that styling products leave behind.
Mix a tablespoon of soda with a tablespoon of your favourite shampoo and wash your hair with this mixture.
After thorough rinsing, you will notice that your hair will become squeaky clean and more manageable. It’s not shampoo every day though. It’s good to wash your hair with this baking soda shampoo once or twice a month.
For a similar result, you can also wash your hair with just the baking soda plus water – which is one of the most popular uses of baking soda.
6) Baking soda mouthwash. To create an easy baking soda rinse, mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 3 drops of peppermint essential oil (or eucalyptus essential oil) in a glass of water. Your mouthwash is ready! It will refresh your breath and neutralise bacteria.
7) How to whiten teeth naturally? Well, there are two ways to whiten your teeth. You can simply apply baking soda to your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it as usual, but I prefer a slightly different variation. Here’s another way you can whiten your teeth: put your favourite toothpaste on your brush and then put some baking soda on top of it (it will stick to the toothpaste) and brush your teeth with this mixture. (Do not be hard, gently brush in circular motions for about 2 minutes).
This is not for everyday use. You can brush your teeth this way for 2 or 3 days to make it whiter and then move on to your usual brushing routine. Also, keep in mind that it is recommended not to use this method if you have sensitive teeth. It is best to seek professional advice if you want to whiten your teeth.
8) Another baking soda facial scrub : Mix 1 tablespoon of organic honey (make sure you are not allergic to honey) with a tablespoon of baking soda, mix well until you get the dough (you can add a little water, if it’s too sticky) – gently, in circular motions massage your face with this mix to do for about a minute or so. This scrub will cleanse your skin, remove dead cells- It also has an antibacterial properties thanks to honey.
9) Wash your makeup brushes using baking soda: it will help remove buildup oils and cosmetic residue. Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 cup of water. Soak your makeup brushes in this solution, then rinse with water and let them dry.
10) Create your own scented bags to refresh the air: Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 3-5 drops of your choice of essential oil (lavender, jasmine or rose) and put this mixture into small bags in sachets. Then place them wherever you want and enjoy the incredible smell! If you do it with lavender essential oil, you can place it in your bedroom – lavender will make your sleep pleasant and relaxing.
11) One of the most common uses of soda balls – Wash fruits and vegetables with it. It is natural, simple and effective.
12) Add a teaspoon of baking soda into a vase of freshly cut flowers; this will keep the flowers fresh longer.
13) If you have a rush, an insect bite or bee sting on your skin, rub baking soda in this place and you will be relieved.
14) If you have a painful tooth, baking soda as your mouthwash (1 teaspoon baking soda + half cup of water).The pain will decrease.
I hope you have found this use of interesting baking soda!
Please share your tips and unexpected uses of baking soda in the comment section below.